Bizerba BS 100 need to reset memory

• Hi I just bought a set of Bizerba BS 100 need to reset memory and clear the program so I can sell them.

The user manual and the installer manual is what I would really love as I cannot find any pdf files for it anywhere.

please send info to me at my email if you can help me!!!!

bamjonut7@hotmail.com

thanks

DannyB

• HI bamjonut7,

THE BS USER MANUAL DOES NOT CONTAIN THE INSTRUCTIONS TO BASICALLY "CLEAR RAM" IF YOU ATTEMPT DO A CLEAR THE RAM YOU WILL END UP WITH A SCALE STUCK IN TWO MODES. IS THE SCALE FOR LABELLING OR FOR A SALES TICKET. THE FACILITY FOR CLEARING THE RAM IS IN THE SCALE MENU WHICH YOU HAVE TO FIND YOURSELF.

• It's setup for printout of a bar code label for pick and mix sweets as self service station.

When you say I have to find it for myself what do you mean? what I am after is the hidden sequence that will allow me to do a factory reset like I have done before on avery m100 scales in the past. I want to sell them but a. it has previous stores logo on the labels and their plu data etc. and b. well is the same as a. really. I just need to gain admin control over them... the installers setup guide would be magic too, I managed to gain all info needed for avery m100 series just by searching online. including fully usable pc connection software which made a factory reset a doddle. Bizerba seem much harder to locate any useful info on at all.

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

DannyB

• I have just located a user guide for sale but it's only in French and for £27 is a lot to spend considering the hassle with translating the pdf but it may be the only way to go. it's 244 pages.

• I know quite a lot about these scales they are more complicated than avery scales.
    you say you would like a instruction manual yet there is a manual on this forum I will look for it.
    you do not need a bizerba manual specifically for your scale earlier models with the same keyboard have basically the same logic.
    Forget buying the bizerba manual because it will not tell you what you need to know.
    you need to do a "RAM CLEAR" WHICH IS NOT IN THE MANUAL.

I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATES FOR MY COMPUTER AND NEED TO RESTART.

I WILL LOOK FOR THE "RAM CLEAR" INSTRUCTIONS AND COPY THEM HERE.

http://www.eben-ich.de/waagen/Bizerb...g_SC_SW_CE.pdf

I have been thinking over your reasons for the need to delete the sweet labels but I think you are making life too complicated for yourself.
    when people buy a second hand labelling scale they buy the scale "AS IS" People who buy the scale will change it for their own use.

it does not matter what the scale has been used for and in actual fact the scale is worth more with the sweety labels because all people need to do is add new text to the labels and just replacing some of the letters. It IS FAR EASIER TO REPLACE A WORD ON THE LABEL THAN CREATE A NEW LABEL.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von smurd (13. August 2014 um 21:21)

• Thanks for showing some enthusiastic interest in my post but I managed to do what I was aiming to do yesterday, I discovered the previous user had created 4 or 5 keys as direct setup menu shortcuts which it wouldn't allow me to view at first (Which is probably the manufacturers intended behaviour since I was unable to provide a menu access password) It would jump into the part within the menus the key was set for then after a second or two it would throw me back to the main home screen.

I must have bypassed something but all I was doing was repeatedly pressing the shortcut key then attempting to navigate it up or down a step through the setup menus really really quick before it reset and kicked me out again which I must have succeeded in doing as I was suddenly viewing the machine setup parts of the menu structure that I was previously unable to reach using the "mod" key without any password knowledge..

To clear the system of all user entered data which includes all passwords being cleared you simply need to clear the database or build a fresh one.

I would still really appreciate a copy of the BS series scale manual though, I have already been using the manual you posted a link to and any other scale manuals which looked similar and operated in a similar fashion. mostly to have a graphical view of the menu structures layouts as navigating them can get confusing.

Many thanks.

DannyB